About Dr Alan Cheung
1. Specialty/Sub-Specialty/Area of Medicine
- Sports Injury Treatments
- Hip and knee replacement using robotic surgery
He graduated from the Royal Free and University College Hospitals Medical School, London, and went on to complete his Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery specialty training at the Northwest Thames deanery in London. Dr Cheung also completed his Fellowship Training in Joint Reconstruction and Musculoskeletal Tumour Surgery at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney, Australia.
Before setting up his own clinic, Dr Cheung was a Consultant at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital. His passion for education can be seen in the occasions where he served as a Clinical Lecturer at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine to educate medical students and Orthopaedic residents, an international instructor for Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) as well as an instructor for courses in the Asia Pacific region instructing other surgeons on how to perform the latest techniques in Adult Joint Reconstruction, and Advanced Sports Surgery.
Dr Alan Cheung is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon with a special focus in sports injuries and joint reconstruction via the usage of robotic surgery. He currently spearheads Singapore's medical team for One Championship mixed martial events.
Dr Alan Cheung has a special interest in treating sports injuries, including:
- Torn ligaments and tendons
- Cartilage injury in the knee, hip and shoulder,
- Adult Joint Reconstruction including partial and Total Knee Replacement and Total Hip Replacement for osteoarthritis
- Robotic Surgery (Makoplasty, Navio and Robodoc systems)
4. Awards and Achievements
- Sydney Long Prize in Surgery
- AW Beard Prize in Psychiatry
- Howard Murray and FMR Walshe Prize in Neurosurgery
6. More Information