About Dr Tou Choong Chang
1. Specialty/Sub-Specialty/Area of Medicine
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Pregnancy care and Delivery
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- Non-invasive Prenatal Testing
- Laparoscopic surgery
Dr Chang Tou Choong is a Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology with WC Cheng and Associates, Thomson Medical Centre, Singapore. Dr Chang is also the Executive Director and Medical Director and Chairman of Singapore Women’s & Children’s Medical Group Medical Advisory Board. Prior to private practice, Dr Chang was a Consultant at KK Women's Hospital.
Dr Chang's previous appointments include: Head of the Fetal Assessment Unit (Centre for Prenatal Diagnosis and Obstetric Ultrasound) at Thomson Medical Centre, Associate Professor in O and G at the University of Auckland, New Zealand and the President of the College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Singapore.
Dr Chang obtained his medical degree from Guy’s Hospital Medical School, University of London, and received the Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, United Kingdom and Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, United Kingdom. After graduation, Dr Chang served in various London teaching hospitals (Guys, Lewisham, Hammersmith, Charing Cross, King’s College and University College Hospital London).
Upon his return to Singapore, Dr Chang served at KK Women's Hospital as a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine.
Dr Chang is experienced in the medical and surgical management of high risk pregnancies, ultrasound assessment of the at-risk fetus, invasive prenatal diagnostic procedures and gynaecological laparoscopic surgery.
4. Awards and Achievements
5. More Information
- Chang TC, Eden J. Intra-uterine device and appendicitis. J Obstet Gynaecol
1989; 9: 257-258.
- Watkinson JWW, Chang TC. Traumatic nasal arterio-venous malformations. J Otol Laryngol
1987; 101: 1283-1285.
- Evans F, Chang TC, Ward RHT. Classical caesarean section of each horn of a uterus didelphys. J Obstet Gynaecol
1991; 11: 440-441.
- Chang TC, Robson SC, Boys R, Spencer JAD. Prediction of small-for-gestational age baby: Which ultrasonic parameter is best? Obstet Gynaecol
1992; 80: 1030-1038.
- Chang TC, Robson SC, Spencer JAD, Gallivan S. Ultrasonic fetal weight estimation; Analysis of inter- and intra-observer variability. J Clin Ultrasound
1993; 21: 515-519.
- Chang TC, Robson SC, Spencer JAD, Gallivan S. Prediction of fetal growth retardation in small babies: comparison of Doppler waveform indices and serial ultrasound measurements of abdominal circumference and fetal weight. Obstet Gynecol
1993; 82: 230-236.
- Gallivan S, Robson SC, Chang TC, Vaughan J, Spencer JAD. An investigation of fetal growth using serial ultrasound data. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol
1993; 3: 109-114.
- Spencer JAD, Chang TC, Robson SC, Gallivan S. Fetal Size and Growth in Bangladeshi Pregnancies. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol
1995; 5: 313-317
- Chang TC, Robson SC, Spencer JAD. Neonatal morphometric indices of fetal growth; analysis of observer variability. Early Hum Dev
1993; 35: 37-43