About Dr Dinesh Nair
1. Specialty/Sub-Specialty/Area of Medicine
- Cardiac catherisation
- Coronary balloon angioplasty including coronary stenting
- Holter monitoring
- Treadmill stress ECG
- Bioabsorbable Vascular Scaffolds (BVS) / Fully Dissolvable Stents.
Dr Dinesh Nair is a Cardiologist with over 15 years of experience. He was the Director of the Coronary Care Unit and Head of the Invasive Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory and Interventional Services at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) before leaving for Private Practice.
Dr Nair practices in Cardiology at the Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital and Mount Elizabeth Hospital, with a subspecialty in Interventional Cardiology and in particular Complex Angioplasty / Stenting procedures and Valve therapies. Dr Nair performs a majority of the Angioplasty procedures (Ballooning and Stenting) and also performs some cases via the Femoral or Groin Artery approach when the situation warrants it. He is also proficient with complex techniques including intravascular imaging such as Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS), Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) imaging and Rotablation.
He performs angioplasty for left main disease, chronic total occlusions, bifurcations and calcified lesions and is experienced in the use of Bioabsorbable Vascular Scaffolds (BVS) / Fully Dissolvable Stents.
4. Awards and Achievements
- Service Champion Award, National Healthcare Group, 2006
- Fellow of The Health Manpower Development Plan 2007, Singapore
- Excellent Service Award, Silver Award, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 2008
- Excellent Service Award, Gold Award, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 2009
5. More Information
- Nair DG, Purcott KL, Fuchs A, Steinberg F, Kelso JAS. Cortical and cerebellar activity of the human brain during imagined and executed unimanual and bimanual action sequences: a functional MRI study. Brain research Cognitive brain research. 2003;15(3):250-260. Accessed May 27, 2019.
- Livingston A, Peeva L, Han S, et al. Membrane separation in green chemical processing: solvent nanofiltration in liquid phase organic synthesis reactions. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2003;984:123-141. Accessed May 27, 2019.
- Nair DG. About being BOLD. Brain research Brain research reviews. 2005;50(2):229-243. doi:10.1016/j.brainresrev.2005.07.001
- Vines BW, Nair DG, Schlaug G. Contralateral and ipsilateral motor effects after transcranial direct current stimulation. Neuroreport. 2006;17(6):671-674. Accessed May 27, 2019.
- Nair DG, Hutchinson S, Fregni F, Alexander M, Pascual-Leone A, Schlaug G. Imaging correlates of motor recovery from cerebral infarction and their physiological significance in well-recovered patients. NeuroImage. 2007;34(1):253-263. doi:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2006.09.010
- Vines BW, Nair D, Schlaug G. Modulating activity in the motor cortex affects performance for the two hands differently depending upon which hemisphere is stimulated. The European journal of neuroscience. 2008;28(8):1667-1673. doi:10.1111/j.1460-9568.2008.06459.x
- Grube E, Buellesfeld L, Mueller R, et al. Progress and current status of percutaneous aortic valve replacement: results of three device generations of the CoreValve Revalving system. Circulation Cardiovascular interventions. 2008;1(3):167-175. doi:10.1161/CIRCINTERVENTIONS.108.819839
- Schlaug G, Renga V, Nair D. Transcranial direct current stimulation in stroke recovery. Archives of neurology. 2008;65(12):1571-1576. doi:10.1001/archneur.65.12.1571
- Wallentin L, Becker RC, Budaj A, et al. Ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes. The New England journal of medicine. 2009;361(11):1045-1057. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa0904327
- Nair DG, Renga V, Lindenberg R, Zhu L, Schlaug G. Optimizing recovery potential through simultaneous occupational therapy and non-invasive brain-stimulation using tDCS. Restorative neurology and neuroscience. 2011;29(6):411-420. doi:10.3233/RNN-2011-0612
- Nair DG. Intraoperative mapping of roots, plexuses, and nerves. Journal of clinical neurophysiology : official publication of the American Electroencephalographic Society. 2013;30(6):613-619. doi:10.1097/01.wnp.0000436893.23587.35
- Nair D, Kumaraswamy VM, Braver D, Kilbride RD, Borges LF, Simon MV. Dorsal column mapping via phase reversal method: the refined technique and clinical applications. Neurosurgery. 2014;74(4):437-46; discussion 446. doi:10.1227/NEU.0000000000000287
- Călin A, Kumaraswamy VM, Braver D, Nair DG, Moldovan M, Simon MV. Intraoperative somatosensory evoked potential monitoring decreases EEG burst suppression ratio during deep general anesthesia. Journal of clinical neurophysiology : official publication of the American Electroencephalographic Society. 2014;31(2):133-137. doi:10.1097/WNP.0000000000000034
- Varghese J, Nair DR, Mohanan P, Sebastian MT. Dielectric, thermal and mechanical properties of zirconium silicate reinforced high density polyethylene composites for antenna applications. Physical chemistry chemical physics : PCCP. 2015;17(22):14943-14950. doi:10.1039/c5cp01242b
- Muruppel AM, Thomas J, Saratchandran S, Nair D, Gladstone S, Rajeev MM. Assessment of Retention and Resistance Form of Tooth Preparations for All Ceramic Restorations using Digital Imaging Technique. The journal of contemporary dental practice. 2018;19(2):143-149. Accessed May 27, 2019.
- Zeng W, Li G, Ahn H, Nguyen HTH, Shepard DS, Nair D. Cost-effectiveness of health systems strengthening interventions in improving maternal and child health in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review. Health policy and planning. 2018;33(2):283-297. doi:10.1093/heapol/czx172
- Zeng W, Sun D, Nair D, Nam JE, Gheorghe A. Strengthening performance-based financing as a health system approach for quality improvement. Journal of global health. 2018;8(2):020305. doi:10.7189/jogh.08.020305
- Holbrook EH, Puram SV, See RB, Tripp AG, Nair DG. Induction of smell through transethmoid electrical stimulation of the olfactory bulb. International forum of allergy & rhinology. 2019;9(2):158-164. doi:10.1002/alr.22237