About Dr Tony Ho
1. Specialty/Sub-Specialty/Area of Medicine
- Control of myopia progression in children
With more than two decades of experience, Dr. Tony Ho has been a respected figure in the Singapore ophthalmology and refractive surgery fields. Dr. Ho has published numerous books, of which The Complete Eye Care Book in 1994 received a National Book Development Council Award and sold out its published run.
4. Awards and Achievements
- Elected Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and recipient of the prestigious Singapore Public Service Commission Merit Scholarship
- Received higher specialist training in three top renowned centres around the world namely the Tennant Eye Institute of Glasgow, Scotland, the Moorfields Eye Hospital of London, UK, and the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute of Florida, United States.
- Published a landmark scientific paper describing a method of laser iridotomy that is now the defacto standard of iridotomy in Asian eyes. Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow (FRCS, Glasgow)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists of UK (FRCOphth, London)
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (FAMS)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Public Service Commission (PSC) Merit Scholarship
- Ministry of Health (MOH)’s Higher Manpower Development Plan (HDMP) Scholarship recipient
6. More Information