About Dr Horng Yen Wee
1. Specialty/Sub-Specialty/Area of Medicine
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Pre-natal diagnosis
- Women health screening
Dr Wee Horng Yen is a Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology with The O & G Care Clinic. Prior to private practice, Dr Wee was a Senior Consultant and Head of Unit at KK Women's and Children's Hospital, Department of O&G.
Dr Wee Horng Yen obtained his medical degree from Trinity College, University of Dublin, and obtained full registration with General Medical Council (UK). Dr Wee completed the Fellowship of Academy of Medicine (Singapore) in 2003.
Dr Wee continues to keep himself updated on the field of medical research, and currently serves on the Editorial Board of Singapore Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, the main Singapore journal on women care.
4. Awards and Achievements
- Singapore Health Services Excellent Star Award
- SPRING Singapore Excellent Service Award
- KKH Service from the Heart : Exemplary Award
- Ministry of Health Award for relief work at Banda Aceh (Tsunami Relief)
5. More Information
- CHIN, P. S., WEE, H. Y., & CHERN, B. S. M. (2010). Laparoscopic management of primary hepatic pregnancy. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 50(1), 95-98.
- Wee, H. Y., & Quek, S. C. (2001). Delivery by caesarean section. Effective system of mobilisation is used in Singapore. The BMJ, 323(7318), 931-author.