Are scalp treatment centres in Singapore effective for hair loss problems? (photo)

Skin, Hair & Nails Hair Loss

I went to a scalp treatment centre because my scalp often feels very tight, painful and itchy, even if I wash my hair every day. Then I saw in one small area on my scalp, a few hair follicles have already lost all the hair inside, not even one single hair is growing. I also feel that recently my newly grown hair is much thinner than before. What could be the cause of my hair loss problem (with itchiness and pain from the scalp)? Which doctor should I see in Singapore?

Thank you for the question. A common cause of progressive thinning of the hair includes female pattern hairloss. Scalp dermatitis can cause the scalp to be itchy and painful. You can see your doctor or dermatologist for assessment and treatment of your hair problem.

It is difficult to comment if the treatment at scalp centres are effective. Often, there is a fine print to state that treatments are not scientifically proven. For medical doctors, it is difficult to endorse treatments which are not scientifically proven and which are not evidence based.

Dr Colin Theng
MBBS, MRCP, MMED (Fam. Med), FAMS

The Skin Specialists & Laser Clinic

Mount Alvernia Medical Centre D
820 Thomson Road #07-61

1030 views 14 Apr 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Skin, Hair & Nails Hair Loss or ask your own question now FOR FREE.