Doctor's Answers (2)
Different people have different face shapes and different requirements. Treatments should, therefore, be customised. Frequently used minimally-invasive methods include:
Dermal fillers like Juvederm, Radiesse, and Restylane can be used to enhance chin sharpness and replace lost volume of the cheeks, temples or forehead to sculpt the face.
Ultherapy is a US-FDA approved lifting and tightening treatment using focused ultrasound. Ultherapy helps create a v-shaped face by tightening skin through stimulation of new collagen production in the deep supportive layers of the skin. Sagging skin along the jawline can be tightened and lifted, which in turn creating a v-shaped contoured face.
Thread lift treatments utilise threads which are inserted via a needle underneath the skin for lifting. The threads used now are generally either PDO threads or Silhouette Soft. These are dissolvable threads which improve the shape of the face by mechanically lifting the skin with cones or barbs called cogs. There is also delayed improvement through collagen stimulation.
I hope this helps!
Dr Terence Tan
Getting a V shaped face is a common desire for many Singaporeans. There are various treatments that can help to give you a more defined and slimmer jawline apart from Botox.
Treatments should be customised according to your unique facial anatomy.
Non-surgical treatments to get a V-shaped face in Singapore:
1. "Small" receded chin--> Chin and Jaw Fillers
- Fillers help to shape your chin and jaw line by providing volume to your chin and jaw.
- Commonly used fillers are hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, Stylage) and calcium-based fillers (Radiesse)
- These fillers last between 9 months to 18months, depending on the type of fillers used.
2. Sagging skin at lower face --> Skin tightening and lifting treatments
- Tighten skin with High intensity focused ultrasound (Ultraformer/ Ulthera) / Radiofrequency (thermage, INFINI)
3. Enlarged masseters --> Jaw Botox
- Botox helps to weaken and shrink masseter muscles which cause squarish jaws.
4. Double chin --> Kybella/ Belkyra (deoxycholic acid injections)
- this fat melting injections will be launched in a few months' time.
As you can see, there are many alternatives to Botox for V shaped face. The most important step is to see an experienced aesthetic doctor for a customised treatment plan.
Hope that this helps!
Dr Justin Boey