Can a nose threadlift make my bulbous nose tip more pointed?

Dr Terence Goh
5.0

"Plastic Surgeon at AZATACA Plastic Surgery"

Thanks for your question. I echo some of the sentiments of the doctors who replied. Whilst  threads and fillers can be efficacious to effect a change in the nasal dorsum and improve tip projection, it may at best camouflage it, but it would not reduce bulbosity of the tip.

One of the reasons why patients undergo an open rhinoplasty is to create a more refined tip. This is done with careful debulking of the nasal tip, while preserving blood supply to the nose and using well placed sutures to manipulate the nasal cartilages to create a refined and projected nasal tip. If the tip bulbosity continues to bother you, I would suggest an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon that specialises in rhinoplasty. We have 3D software these days that are able to perform  a before and after simulation for you to see the possible changes that can be done. 

Hope this answers your questions! Have a great week ahead!

Understand you had a nose thread lift done and you are still unsatisfied with the nose tip. Without assessing your condition, I think that any non-surgical procedure might be challenging to further augment your nose tip.

You should consider consulting a surgeon to discuss options which may include a rhinoplasty.

All the best!

Generally, a nose tip threadlift can lift your tip in terms of making it point “upwards” more.  This can make you nose look more “pointy”.  Harder fillers would also be an option.

However, if you are referring to significantly decrease the size of your bulbous nose tip, then it will not have much of an effect.  You may have to consider surgery for that.

Hope that helps.

All the best!

Thank you for your question. Given your concern, ideally you should have a formal assessment with a doctor.

Your options include

1. Nonsurgical – Threads and fillers to carefully lift and sharpen your nose tip
  2. Surgical – Seek consult with a plastic surgeon who specialises in rhinoplasty

You should consider consulting a surgeon to discuss options if you find that non-surgical treatments dont help.

A bulbous nose tip needs surgery to be reduced, however, threads inserted into the columnella (a high level of expertise needed or there will be many complications) or high G prime fillers such as Radiesse/ Ellanse (injected right at the tip under the skin) can help push the skin of the tip forwards and upwards.

It gives an illusion of a sharper and slimmer tip and may be enough for some patients. For those expecting a drastic improvement, its best to go for cosmetic surgical enhancement.