Can a urine test analysis reveal STDs like trichomoniasis?

• Answered2 times
  • Viewed1,208 times

One has to be careful in interpreting the urine analysis. To be accurate it has to be a clean mid-stream urine specimen. This may be difficult to collect at times.

What happens very often is the urine will pick up White blood cells which are part of a vaginal discharge and gives the false impression that it is a urinary tract infection.

A specific test for vaginal infection must be done if there is an associated abnormal vaginal discharge. The Trichomoniasis comes from the vagina rather than from the bladder.

"Family Physician with special interest in Mental Health"

Thank you for asking a question that will help other patients.

White blood cells in the urine can mean many things.

To diagnose trichomoniasis, you might need to run special urine tests like a urine culture or more commonly a swab test inside.

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

Abortions In Singapore: The Essential Guide (2020)

1 in 3 women worldwide will have an abortion in their lifetime. This in-depth guide answers all the most common questions about getting an abortion in Singapore.

I hope to help dispel some of the myths surrounding abortions in Singapore by addressing the concerns that women raise at my clinic.

The Complete Guide To Birth Control In Singapore (2020)

" A doctor with a passion for women's health"

Birth control is a topic that's still not commonly discussed in Singapore.

However, with the increase in sexual awareness and activity amongst the younger generation in Singapore, it's important to raise the awareness of reliable birth control methods.

Going through a situation when an unwanted pregnancy happens can be really stressful and emotional. You must know that this situation can easily be avoided!

Therefore, I have decided to write this article to help both men and women gain a better understanding of birth control and how to use them correctly. 

How Is Syphilis Diagnosed And Treated? Singapore Doctors Explain

Sexually transmitted diseases can come in different forms, with an assortment of symptoms and, not to mention, a great deal of anxiety.

Different diseases display different symptoms, ranging in severity and extensiveness. Several DoctorxDentist readers asked questions about syphilis, including how to know if the diagnosis is conclusive and what kinds of treatments can be found in Singapore.

Here's a compilation of some answers from Singapore doctors with experience in treating this condition.

What Should You Do If You Have Appendicitis?

Anyone can suffer from appendicitis. It often occurs in those between the ages of 10 and 30. Nonetheless, very young children and the elderly can suffer from it too.

Appendicitis is considered a medical emergency. Hence, it should be treated as soon as possible. In this article, I will be sharing more about appendicitis as well as how it can be treated.

Read on to find out more! 

Top 4 Vasectomy Myths Debunked

There are many ways to prevent pregnancies. One of them is through a vasectomy procedure. Although the vasectomy procedure is not as commonly done in Singapore, this does not mean that the procedure is any less efficient or safe. 

My name is Dr Lewis Liew, and I am a Urology specialist. This article has been written to debunk the top 4 common myths about vasectomy.