Can I get a nose thread lift after an autologous rhinoplasty?

It depends.

You can certainly do a threadlift, but it may or may not be complicated. There are a few questions that needs to be answered:

1. what is it you are trying to correct with the threadlift that your autologous rhinoplasty did not address (bridge? tip?)
  2. what has been done during the autologous rhinoplasty?

In the best case scenario, no bridge augmentation was done during the autologous rhinoplasty, and you are looking for threadlift to create more bridge augmentation to complement your autologous rhinoplasty. In such a scenario, the threadlift would be fairly straightforward, as the bridge area is not scarred. I expect the process to be not unlike any other threadlift. However, my concern is, if autologous rhinoplasty cannot give you a satisfactory result, can a threadlift do it? An autologous rhinoplasty is a more powerful tool to create changes in the nasal shape than a threadlift.

On the other hand, if you had, say, bridge augmentation done, which you are unsatisfied with, and considering threadlift to get more dorsal AND at the same time would like more tip projection, then I would consider threadlift inappropriate and risky. It is difficult to get satisfactory results, and at the same time, put yourself at risk for complications.

Threadlifts are meant for mild augmentation of the bridge through additive insertion of long straight lines. Is that the change you need to achieve your goal?

Threadlifts are not effective for tip projection -- They are too weak. If they are not too weak (there are some really thick, rod-like threads in the market), then they are too strong. Pushing the tip or skin using non autologous material is a big no-no - a painful lesson many learnt from the L-shaped silicone implant era.

Hi there,

It is possible to do a nose threadlift to enhance the nasal angles and proportions but the process of it will be more arduous due to the fibrous tissue that has formed around the cartilage. It takes great experience and knowledge of anatomy to be performed safely with good results in such a case.

This method is definitely preferred for a subtle enhancement if needed after a rhinoplasty as it is way safer than fillers and way less invasive than a revision rhinoplasty.