Can I still get HA nose fillers after a rhinoplasty?

• Answered3 times
  • Viewed2,071 times

"Plastic Surgeon at AZATACA Plastic Surgery"

Congratulations on your rhinoplasty and I am glad that you are happy with the results. Before you proceed with the HA nose fillers, you should check back in with your rhinoplasty surgeon to see if he has any other solutions for you. 

Fortunately, one of the advantages of a total autologous rhinoplasty, of which I am a strong advocate of, is that in comparison with an implant rhinoplasty, the nasal dorsum is made of your own tissue. Hence, there is a lower risk of the HA filler injection causing an infection if done properly, and no risk of rejection of the nasal implant or capsular contracture.

Whilst it is safe for you to have fillers to the nose after autologous rhinoplasty, you should highlight this to the doctor that is performing the filler injections. As Dr. Justin Boey has pointed out,  the vascular anatomy of your nose may have changed after the rhinoplasty surgery and there is an increased risk of vascular complications with filler injections after surgery.

Personally, I have given HA filler injections without any complications to patients who have had previous rhinoplasty. Some of my patients have opted for a revision of the nasal dorsum using only autologous tissue so that they do not have to undergo repeated HA injections. Should this option be available to you, it could also be another possibility to consider. 

I hope this answers your queries. Have a great week ahead!

Dr. Terence Goh

"Doctor with interest in Aesthetics and Lasers"

Yes, you can still get HA nose fillers after rhinoplasty. I have performed several HA filler injections  without any complications for patients who had rhinoplasty.

That being said, having filler injections after rhinoplasty has increased risk of complications.

In particular, the chances of blood vessel (vascular) complications is increased as the anatomy of your nose has changed. 

Given your history of rhinoplasty, I strongly suggest that you seek HA Filler treatment from an experienced injector. 

It is also important that you inform the doctor who is performing the filler injection about your surgical history of rhinoplasty so that he will take the necessary precautions. 

Hope that this helps!

As Dr Justin has pointed out, yes you can have HA nose fillers after a surgical rhinoplasty.

In fact, one of the indications for fillers is for further improvement/ refinement post surgical rhinoplasty, which I have performed for several patients in my practice.

I would advice that you seek an experienced injector to perform this treatment. Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Dr David Deng

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

The 2 Most Common Rhinoplasty Procedures in Singapore

Nose jobs, (or rhinoplasties), are one of my favourite topics for discussion. They are also one of my favourite procedures to perform. While it's often said that the eyes are the windows to one’s soul, it's your nose that forms the fulcrum upon which the entire aesthetic harmony of your face balances on.

There are many factors to consider before tailoring the exact type of rhinoplasty for the patient. In fact, planning and performing the surgery can get so daunting, many plastic surgeons simply choose not to perform rhinoplasties in Singapore.

A Singaporean ENT Surgeon Explains The Treatment Options For A Deviated Septum

The face is a fragile part of the human anatomy. It accounts for many of our senses and is made up of a structure of soft tissues as well as meticulous alignments.

It should come as no surprise then that when people suffer from symmetrical deficiencies, these can compromise functionality in seeing, hearing, tasting or even breathing. One such issue is a deviated septum, with symptoms like difficulty breathing and one side of the nose being more congested than the other. 

Dr Valerie Tay, a consultant with the Otolaryngology department in Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), leads the Facial Plastic Surgery service and has considerable experience in the Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT) department.

She answered some common questions DxD readers had regarding deviated septum symptoms and solutions. Here's what you should know.

Preparing for a Nose Job: How to Get the Best Results

Thinking off doing rhinoplasty a.k.a. a nose job? In this article, I will share with you how you can prepare for rhinoplasty in order to get the best results possible!

Read on to find out more.

This Nose Surgeon Reveals How Best to Recover From a Nose Job

Excited to see the results of your rhinoplasty procedure? Regardless, the recovery process takes time and great care is needed to ensure the best results.

But what happens during the process? What are the things you need to take note of? What should you do or not do? Can you return to your ideal lifestyle? Many people are unclear about what to expect post-rhinoplasty. In this article. I will share with you my advice and tips so you can enjoy a great recovery.

Read on to find out more!

The Ultimate Guide to Filler Complications in Singapore (2020)

Dermal fillers, or just fillers, are one of the most popular minimally invasive aesthetic treatment out there. Getting dermal fillers is generally safe, however, there are still potential side effects that may occur, as with any medical treatment, and they can be temporary or long-term.

I am Dr Shane Tan, an aesthetic doctor at The Aesthetic Loft Clinic. In this article, I categorise dermal fillers into Hyaluronic acid (HA) and non-HA types, explain how they work and the possible complications each may cause. I will also talk about how you can respond to them if they happen.