Can I still get HA nose fillers after a rhinoplasty?

Plastic Surgery Aesthetic Medicine Nose Job
Dr Terence Goh
"Plastic Surgeon at AZATACA Plastic Surgery"

Congratulations on your rhinoplasty and I am glad that you are happy with the results. Before you proceed with the HA nose fillers, you should check back in with your rhinoplasty surgeon to see if he has any other solutions for you. 

Fortunately, one of the advantages of a total autologous rhinoplasty, of which I am a strong advocate of, is that in comparison with an implant rhinoplasty, the nasal dorsum is made of your own tissue. Hence, there is a lower risk of the HA filler injection causing an infection if done properly, and no risk of rejection of the nasal implant or capsular contracture.

Whilst it is safe for you to have fillers to the nose after autologous rhinoplasty, you should highlight this to the doctor that is performing the filler injections. As Dr. Justin Boey has pointed out,  the vascular anatomy of your nose may have changed after the rhinoplasty surgery and there is an increased risk of vascular complications with filler injections after surgery.

Personally, I have given HA filler injections without any complications to patients who have had previous rhinoplasty. Some of my patients have opted for a revision of the nasal dorsum using only autologous tissue so that they do not have to undergo repeated HA injections. Should this option be available to you, it could also be another possibility to consider. 

I hope this answers your queries. Have a great week ahead!

Dr. Terence Goh

Dr Terence Goh
MBBS (Spore), MRCS (Edin), MMed (Surg), FAMS

AZATACA Plastic Surgery

AZATACA Plastic Surgery
38 Irrawaddy Road #06-48
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre

990 views 4 Sep 2018

Yes, you can still get HA nose fillers after rhinoplasty. I have performed several HA filler injections  without any complications for patients who had rhinoplasty.

That being said, having filler injections after rhinoplasty has increased risk of complications.

In particular, the chances of blood vessel (vascular) complications is increased as the anatomy of your nose has changed. 

Given your history of rhinoplasty, I strongly suggest that you seek HA Filler treatment from an experienced injector. 

It is also important that you inform the doctor who is performing the filler injection about your surgical history of rhinoplasty so that he will take the necessary precautions. 

Hope that this helps!

MBBS

Sozo Aesthetic Clinic

1 Raffles Place #05-12/13
One Raffles Place (Shopping Mall)

1057 views 5 Aug 2018

As Dr Justin has pointed out, yes you can have HA nose fillers after a surgical rhinoplasty.

In fact, one of the indications for fillers is for further improvement/ refinement post surgical rhinoplasty, which I have performed for several patients in my practice.

I would advice that you seek an experienced injector to perform this treatment. Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Dr David Deng

Dr David Deng
MBBS, MRCS

8 Medical Aesthetic Clinic

8 Medical Aesthetic Clinic

1 Grange Road #06-05, Orchard Building

1007 views 6 Aug 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Plastic Surgery Aesthetic Medicine Nose Job or ask your own question now FOR FREE.