Watermelonmoly

Can Invisalign or Mbrace correct my buck teeth? (photo)

Braces & Invisalign Dental

Hi, I've been considering Mbraces or Invisalign to correct my teeth alignment. I've got two buck teeth at the front. It looks like dinosaur teeth and I really want to correct it. Any advice?

HI there & thanks for the question! 

From what I observe on your photograph, Invisalign or Mbrace can certainly correct the alignment to provide you with well aligned teeth, a stable bite and a harmonious smile. 

However the one thing that any type of orthodontic (teeth straightening) treatment cannot do is change the shape of your teeth. This includes both Invisalign and MBrace. 

Orthodontic (teeth straightening) treatment is designed to move your existing teeth into a harmonious position giving you alignment. Although some minor shape changes can be made to your teeth, you will not notice any major changes to the shape of each tooth. Rather what you will notice are changes to the position of each tooth in your jaw. 

This is where an open discussion with your dentist on your specific goals and objectives is very important. For instance if your chief concern is the alignment, then Invisalign or MBrace is sufficient to do that on its own. 

If your chief concern is the shape of your upper front 2 teeth, then you may wish to consider altering the shape and size of those teeth using veneers. This can be done on its own, or in conjunction with Invisalign or MBrace. 

Certainly if you would like both the alignment and the shape of the front 2 teeth to be corrected then a combination of Invisalign/MBrace along with veneers on the front 2 teeth may be something to consider. 

My advice would be, as it is with anything cosmetically related, to have a very open discussion with your dentist who would then be in a better position to recommend different treatment options for you to chose from based on your goals, your budget and the duration of treatment you are comfortable with. 

I hope this has been useful to you. 

Kind regards, 

Dr Hardev Singh

0 726 views 0 Doctors agree 17 Jun 2018
0 0
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Braces & Invisalign Dental or ask your own question now FOR FREE.