Janice from Singapore asked a question

Can nose fillers and nose threadlift be used together?

Dr Colin Theng

Dr Lee Mun Heng

Dr Christopher Chui

I am wondering if nose fillers and nose threadlift can be combined, as I have previously read that it is more effective than using one alone. 

Hi Janice,

Yes both the nose thread lift and nose fillers can be combined in the same treatment setting for synergistic results. It will depend on what your current nose profile looks like and the kind of augmentation that works best for you.

For most patients, I find that a little fillers enhance the improvement from the nose threadlift. However, there are situations where I find that nose fillers or thread lifts alone are adequate. 

Cheers,
Rachel
0 828 views 0 Doctors agree Thu Mar 29 2018 07:28:53 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Hello Janice

Thank you for your question. I agree with Dr Ho. It all depends on the shape of your nose and what kind of end result you are looking for. If you have a very flat nose bridge, combining filler and nose threadlift will make it easier to achieve the desired height and contour for your nose. 

Personally I am able to achieve good results with just nose threadlift alone. Consult a doctor to get an accurate assessment first before planning your treatment. All the best!

Dr Jiwei Wu  

0 819 views 0 Doctors agree Thu Mar 29 2018 07:53:56 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Hi Janice,

Yes, nose fillers and nose threadlift can be combined to give better results. This works very well in patients who have a very flat nose bridge or just needs that tiny bit of extra lift that the nose threadlift alone is unable to provide. 

The combined procedure results in a higher nose bridge and more enhanced nose contours and definition. However, not everyone will need a combined procedure. It really depends on your natural nose and desired outcome.

It's best to consult your doctor before the treatment :)

0 811 views 0 Doctors agree Thu Mar 29 2018 08:02:51 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Hi Janice, 

Thank you for your enquiry. Both nose fillers and nose thread lifts can be used to augment the nose.

However, due to the side effects of nose fillers (such as widening, spread of fillers sideways etc) I personally choose to augment the nose with the thread lift first.  

The nose thread lift is very effective in increasing the height of the nose without the side effects of fillers and sometimes no additional treatments/ fillers are required.

In the event that additional subtle contouring is required, I will then use fillers to cautiously contour the area in question.

So, the answer is yes, fillers and thread lifts can be combined but it does not mean that combination is more effective as sometimes a good result can already be achieved with a single modality.

Hope that helps.

All the best!

Dr Ho Rui Ming

0 805 views 0 Doctors agree Thu Mar 29 2018 08:44:31 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Hi Janice,

Nose fillers and threadlifts can be used together, but only if they are placed in different layers. 

There are only 2 possible layers to place them on the nose bridge , which is very deep on the bone or cartilage, or subdermal, which is just beneath the skin layer. 

If put in the same layer, the threads will not hold and have a high chance of side effects - loosening, extrusion. Just imagine putting a string in a small Petri dish of gel, it will float around and unable to stay put at the place where it was inserted. 

Due to the rare chance of blindness from fillers, I highly advocate to use threadlifts only for safety’s sake. Nobody wants to be the unlucky one who gets visual impairment while trying to look pretty. It’s not worth the risk. 

I see nose threads actually just like nose implants , except that nose threads can dissolve over time and are thinner. Stacking nose threads together can also give a nice implant-like look of the nose. 

Nose threads also give a sharp highlighter-like definition as well. 

Do visit your favorite doctor experienced in nose threads to have an in depth discussion of the points I have discussed!

0 781 views 1 Doctors agree Thu Mar 29 2018 12:59:03 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Dear Janice, 

This would depend on the condition of the patient’s nose. In select cases, both these modalities can be judiciously utilized but in other cases, they should not be used together. This will depend on the original presenting complaint, the sort of aesthetic result desired.

Other factors that can influence the final outcome include the type of threadlifts use, the type of filler used and the technique of both treatments.

A face to face consultation would result help you derive a more realistic understanding based on your issue at hand. 

0 747 views 0 Doctors agree Mon Apr 02 2018 00:42:47 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Dear Janice,

Thank you for your question. It depends on what end results you would like to achieve. Filler can give more obvious results while threadlift can give subtle improvement without the side effect of fillers. 

It is best to consult a doctor to see which one suits you better, either single modality or combined. To answer your question, yes it can be combined.

Hope this helps and all the best!

Best Wishes,

Vincent Tan

0 730 views 0 Doctors agree Tue Apr 03 2018 05:43:15 GMT+0000 (UTC)
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Aesthetic Medicine or ask your own question now FOR FREE.