Wheezing is a clinical symptom which is a result of breathing through narrowed or inflamed airways.
The most common causes of wheezing are:
- Allergies and allergic responses
- Blockage by a foreign body
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Bronchitis and bronchiolitis, caused by viral or bacterial infections
- Heart disease and heart failure
Please seek medical attention immediately if you experience wheezing and breathlessness as it may be a medical emergency.