Need COVID-19 guidance? Check out our latest resources

How effective is dermabrasion for rolling scars?

• Answered1 time
  • Viewed192 times

Dermabrasion is a very superficial treatment. Thus, this type of treatment will probably have no significant effect on scars. 

Personally, I would recommend a combination of types of treatments. In this case, subscision and skin resurfacing treatments such as the eCO2 Laser to optimise results. 

Good results will be in the range of 80% improvement. As there are many types of treatments available for different types of scars, you should always consult a doctor experienced in the treatment of acne scars to have a detailed examination of your condition/ skin so that the most appropriate treatment can be tailored to the type of scars you have.

Hope that helps.

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own question now FOR FREE.

Treating Active Acne Versus Acne Scars: The Differences Explained

"Doctor with interest in Aesthetics and Lasers"

These 3 Dermal Fillers Can Work For Acne Scars: An Aesthetic Doctor Discusses

"Dedicated to the ethical practice of Aesthetic Medicine"

Scar tissue can be hard to eradicate and clear off, especially in people with persistent acne problems. Treatments and products have flooded the Singapore market and various solutions for dealing with acne marks and scars can be confusing too. Fillers can be effective for facial sculpting, but how well do they actually work for scarring?

Dr Chin Yee Choong is the medical director of Dermclear Aesthetic & Laser Clinic. 
He responded to a couple of DoctorxDentist reader questions about the differences between the many fillers available in Singapore, and whether or not they are effective solutions for scars. Here is his advice.