How effective are sublative lasers (eMatrix) in acne scar treatment?

• Answered2 times
  • Viewed262 times

"Dedicated to the ethical practice of Aesthetic Medicine"

To answer your question, yes. In fact, sublative radio frequency (RF) devices like eMatrix are indeed effective for acne scars. eMatrix helps to tighten surface loose skin and improve overall skin texture by tightening pores and skin brightening. Apart from that, it also helps to reduce the appearance of:

• mild to moderate wrinkles
  • acne scars
  • stretch marks

Patients should think of the possible side-effects that can occur. With that, sublative RF causes less post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation when it is compared to a fractional CO2 laser.

However, on the other hand, in terms of its efficiency, sublative RF may be less effective as compared to fractional CO2 laser.

The eMatrix is a Sublative Radiofrequency device and it does help with acne scars.

However, its penetration depth and strength are not as deep and strong as other devices such as the Fractional CO2, which may result in less desirable results.

The pros of the eMatrix are that the downtime is less than the other Ablative Fractional Lasers and it has a lower risk of PIH (Post Inflammation Hyperpigmentation).  

It is appropriate only for scars that are new/"fresh" and scars that are shallower.

For more severe scars, I would still stick to the stronger Fractional Ablative Lasers.

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

Acne Scar Removal Treatment in Singapore: Cost & Types

"Doctor with interest in Aesthetics and Lasers"

Battling acne scars? Find out exactly how much you need to spend to get rid of these pesky marks from an experienced doctor.  

A Dermatologist's Guide To Scar Removal In Singapore (2020)

"Skin specialist with over 20 years of experience"

Many of my patients come to my clinic seeking scar removal treatment, so I decided to put together this guide to address some of the most common queries I encounter. It covers frequent types of scars such as keloid scars, acne scars and surgical scars.

An Aesthetic Doctor Reviews Acne Scar Removal Treatments in Singapore (2020)

Dealing with acne in your youth is bad enough, but the scars left behind can be a real nightmare.

New patients often ask me 2 common questions:

• “I’ve tried one laser session before. Why don’t I see results yet?”
  • “I still have acne scars and uneven skin texture despite 10 sessions of chemical peels. Why?”

This is why I have decided to write this article to help those of you who are struggling with acne scars. The best outcomes usually result from a combination of different methods, individualised to your skin type and scar! Here's what you need to know. 

All You Need To Know About Hormonal Acne: A Singaporean Aesthetic Doctor Explains

Acne… oh, acne… It can be super frustrating as it really affects our appearance.

Hormonal acne can affect anyone at any age. It is named as such because changes in our hormone levels can cause it. You may be wondering how hormonal acne can be treated. For instance, you may be considering:

• home remedies,
  • OTC creams or 
  • medical treatments.

Read on to find out in more detail how you can get hormonal acne treated!

The Ultimate Guide to Fractional Lasers by an Aesthetic Doctor in Singapore (2020)

Having smooth skin that is free of acne scars and wrinkles is the dream of many. There is little we will not do to achieve skin that becomes the envy of others.

As an aesthetic doctor who specialises in customised laser treatments, I have written this article about fractional lasers to help guide you in choosing which fractional laser treatment works best for you.