How are boils on the vaginal area normally treated in Singapore?

  • Answered2 times
  • Viewed628 times

Doctor’s Answer (2)

"Dedicated to the ethical practice of Aesthetic Medicine"


Boils in the vaginal area are frequently treated with a 1-2 week course of oral antibiotics and antiseptic washes.

If recurrent, then it is best that the exact bacterial cause of the boils is identified by performing a skin investigation called a bacterial culture. This will allow the doctor to prescribed the appropriate antibiotics to treat the infection.

Hope this helps!

"Family Physician with special interest in Mental Health"

It really depends on the size of the boil and whether it really is a "boil". Your best bet would be to show it to your usual GP or Gynecologist. If it really is a boil, the size and whether you have a fever is most important. If there is a fever, it requires more treatment, sometimes might have to be admitted. Otherwise, small ones can be treated with creams while larger ones might need minor surgery.

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

Read This Next
5 STDs Making A Comeback in Singapore (And How To Get Tested) (NSFW)

I often get asked what sexually transmitted diseases look like. In a nutshell, the 4 most common signs I see in clinic that suggest an STD are:

  1. Discharge
  2. Pain on urination
  3. Growths
  4. Ulcers

All of these can affect the penis, vagina, or anus.

Complete Guide To STD Tests In Singapore (2020)

You've finally decided to settle down, but want to be sure that you are free of sexually transmitted infections. What should you do, and where do you turn to?

STD screening is important, as it prevents the spread of disease to others. Many STDs are treatable.

Ask Dr Anthony Stanislaus: Sexual Health Screening

For everyone who is sexually active, it's important to visit a doctor at once a year to have a sexual health check done. 

Join Dr Anthony as he hosts a Q&A session where he answers all your questions on sexual health screening. 

Ask Dr Anthony about: 

  • Who do you go to for such screenings 
  • How often should you go for tests
  • Why is a sexual health check up important
  • What should you be testing for
  • Cost of screenings in Singapore
You Can Prevent STIs And HIV; This Singaporean Doctor Explains How

Sexually transmitted diseases can be hard to talk about. In many ways, there's still a certain sense of taboo whenever the topic comes around. This is especially true in Asian countries like Singapore.

Such a lack of familiarity can become an issue. Many individuals aren’t well-informed about the various types of STIs that can be contracted, as well as the types of treatment and preventive measures available. 

A number of DoctorxDentist readers have posted questions pertaining to sexually-transmitted illnesses. Dermatologist Dr Tan Wei Sheng shared his professional opinions. 

Urologist Reveals 7 Reasons For Male Infertility and the Treatments Available

When a man consistently fails to impregnate a fertile woman, he may be suffering from what is known as male infertility. 40% to 50% of all cases of infertility are due to male infertility, and about 7% of men all over the world suffer from it.

I am Dr Lee Fang Jann, a urologist with a subspecialty in male fertility at StarMed Specialist Centre. Over my years of practice, I have come across many men troubled with infertility due to various causes. I will share some male fertility trends, the common reasons of male infertility and the treatments available.

Request Quotes From Doctors

Based on your requirements, we will recommend up to 5 expert medical doctors.

Get Treatment Quotes
Related Questions
Hi there. Based on your description, you may be having a vaginal yeast infection. I do not think getting medications over the counter is a good idea. The best thing to do is to see a doctor to get a proper assessment and treatment.  If you ... Read Full Answer

"More than 20 years of obstetrics and gynaecology experience"

For most women, bacterial vaginosis is a common bacterial vaginal infection that usually clears after a week of antibiotic treatment. If the infection is still recurrent after 6 months, this could indicate that your natural vaginal pH is too alkal... Read Full Answer

" A doctor with a passion for women's health"

A yellowish-green colored vaginal discharge does sound like a possible vaginal infection. The possible types of vaginal infections are: [1] Candidal Vulvovaginitis. Patients suffering from Candidal Vulvovaginitis often observe itching, bu... Read Full Answer

"More than 20 years of obstetrics and gynaecology experience"

Most of the time it is usually due to the vagina being too dry and not well-lubricated enough. This is easily resolved by using vaginal lubricants or engaging in more foreplay prior to penile penetration. For some women, it could be due to sexual... Read Full Answer

"More than 20 years of obstetrics and gynaecology experience"

Provided the mother and baby are in good health, it is not unreasonable for some women to consider vaginal birth after a caesarean section (VBAC). If labour progresses smoothly, then about 70% of women will have a successful VBAC. The advantages ... Read Full Answer

"More than 20 years of obstetrics and gynaecology experience"

Why vaginal infections happen Vaginal infections in women are relatively common. Most women will have at least one vaginal infection in their lifetime. This can be bacterial, fungal and viral. All these vaginal infections arise when the natural v... Read Full Answer