How can chronic bronchitis be treated?

• Answered1 time
  • Viewed93 times

"Family Physician with special interest in Mental Health"

First, we need to confirm the diagnosis that it really is chronic bronchitis, and not due to other things, i.e. infection/TB/tumours.

Then we need to find the cause. Sometimes the cause might be obvious, i.e. smoking. Sometimes, the cause is not so obvious and might require further testing by a lung specialist.

Then we try to treat the underlying cause. For example: if it is due to smoking, to quit smoking.

And some patient might require inhaler medications or other oral medications.

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.