How can I best prepare for an angioplasty to get the optimal outcomes?

I would suggest that you keep yourself well informed of the procedure, what it entails on the day, what are the various outcomes and what maybe the adjunct procedures you may need and how long your recovery could take based on the results of the angiography and any treatment on the day. Of course, it would be good if your next of kin is also aware of this information.

On the day of the procedure ensure you are well rested and ask your doctor for anxiety-relieving medication the night before if necessary to ensure a good nights sleep. Ensure that all your medications are taken as appropriate (some medications you may have to avoid and your physician will advise you what these are).

It may be best to not do drastic changes in lifestyle while awaiting the procedure (except stopping smoking). Your cardiac rehabilitation counsellor will be able to advise you of the best way to get back to full active life after the procedure in a safe manner.