Chat with us?
Open Chat
You can ask us anything in real-time in our Live Chat!
Open Chat

How can I find the best doctor for my endoscopy in Singapore?

Gastroenterology
Dr Quan Wai Leong
"A specialist in Digestive Health and Advanced Endoscopy"
Whatsapp

I am sorry to hear that. This is indeed a tough question and I am not sure if I can provide a satisfactory answer. You must be aware that despite undergoing the same rigorous training which qualifies a doctor to perform a particular procedure, each of us has different skill-sets and strengths, which defines our ability to perform procedures in the safest and most comfortable manner.

In my humble opinion, just be mindful that a “popular” name on magazines or provided by some insurance agents may or may not be the best person who will perform the procedure with utmost care and compassion.  

Do speak with your friends or relatives and ask for their feedback. Find out from the “inner circle” if you happen to have a doctor friend who has no vested interest in that area. You may be surprised to find information that could turn out to be very different from what you already know.

Next, consider going online to check on the credentials and past histories on the lists of doctors you shortlisted and you may come across pertinent information which can help you make your final decision. Find out more about the procedure you intend to undergo and you can gauge your doctor’s skill level and knowledge on the topic with questions you prepared before the consultation.

Lastly, there is always the option of second opinion if you are not convinced that you have the best choice at hand.

I would like to emphasise that even in the best of hands, complications do still occur and one has to be realistic about possible undesirable outcomes of any procedure he or she undertakes.

May I wish you the best luck with your quest!

Dr Quan Wai Leong
MBBS, MRCP, FRCP, FAMS

Gastroenterology and Hepatology, GI Endoscopy and Liver Centre @Royal Square
101 IRRAWADDY ROAD
ROYAL SQUARE
#15 - 01 Singapore 329565

946 views 31 Aug 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Gastroenterology or ask your own question now FOR FREE.