How can I treat a long-standing inflamed bump on my forehead?

Skin, Hair & Nails

Usually I pick on my pimple and it would have a scar and be gone. But this one on my forehead stays inflamed and never goes away. It seems to be my inner skin layer being inflamed, and in red/purple-ish colour. When I don’t pick it, it has a layer of dead skin on it – like the corners of the pimple in the picture, like a scab.

I don’t know if it has turned into a mole? Because I’ve searched online, and it says pimples can’t turn into moles.

I’ve tried putting pimple cream I usually use, and anti-bacterial swabs on it. This does seem to lessen the inflammation.

I just want to know how to cure it. It’s making me insecure because it’s at the middle of my face, and I couldn’t cover the bump and the discolouration with makeup.

Looking at the pictures, I do think that this may go more for a prurigo papule or a viral wart than a pimple. It is difficult to tell with certainty from the picture what this lesion is.

I  would suggest visiting your dermatologist to get this evaluated. If necessary, this can be removed and sent for histological testing. In the meantime, I would suggest to stop picking and scratching at the bump as this may worsen it.

I’m sorry to hear that you are suffering from this for the last 2 years. From the pictures, it does not seem to by a typical acne cyst. It may not even have been a pimple right from the start.

I would suggest quickly seeing a dermatologist for your condition. There are various ways of removing this lesion which has good cosmetic outcomes. If necessary, he/she may also suggest sending the lesion for further testing depending on your consult.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Skin, Hair & Nails or ask your own question now FOR FREE.