How can I treat an inflamed mole, and when should I be worried?

Thank you for  the question.

In general, we worry about a mole when it shows the following features:

1. Asymmetry

2. Borders are irregular

3. Colour is variegate or uneven

4. Diameter  >0.6m

5. Evolution - the mole is enlarging or bleeding

If there are changes to a mole such as bleeding and crusting, and there are concerns of skin cancer, the mole can be excised and sent for histological testing to rule out a skin cancer or melanoma.

Mole excision is done under local anaesthesia. If in doubt, do visit  your doctor/dermatologist who will do a proper examination and advise you further on the need for excision.