How can one tell whether dysuria (pain on passing urine) is caused by a urinary tract infection or sexually transmitted infection (STD)?

Doctor's Answers (1)

Dr Christopher Ng

"More than 20 years of obstetrics and gynaecology experience"

This can be easily diagnosed. Just send a sample of your urine and a swab of your vagina to the laboratory to test for infection if any.

Depending on the results, your doctor will prescribe the appropriate medication.

It can either be anti-fungal or antibiotic (for bacterial) medication and it will help effectively treat the infections.

Quote RequestWhatsapp