How do doctors diagnose if persistent redness on cheeks is due to rosacea?

Doctor's Answers (1)

Dr Stephanie Ho

"Skin specialist with over 20 years of experience"

Sorry to hear that you have been troubled by facial redness for such a long time. I would advise you to see a dermatologist who will ask you some questions and have a good look at your skin, in order to determine your diagnosis.

There can be a number of reasons including eczema, rosacea or even rarer conditions such as lupus causing facial redness. Once the diagnosis is determined, we will be able to recommend an appropriate management plan suitable for you.


Health on the Net Foundation

This site complies with the {0=HONcode standard for trustworthy health} information: {1=verify here}.

© 2020 DoctorxDentist PTE LTD. All rights reserved.

All content posted is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. This Q&A is not a patient consultation and any information provided herein is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment.

Quote RequestWhatsapp