How do I get get rid of numbness due to wisdom tooth extraction?

You are advised to see an oral surgeon to get a full evaluation of the extend of numbness. 

Depending on the degree and how long the numbness has persisted, a management plan will be given. 

There are three types of numbness:

1) transient - goes away by itself in a few weeks

2) persistent - cases that last more than six months

3) permanent - numbness/loss of sensation is permanent 

Possible treatment options include medications, nerve stimulation and surgery. 

Best regards,

Dr Ho Kok Sen

Hello,

I understand you have had pins and needles sensations around the lower left or right wisdom teeth area since an operation more than one year ago. 

I feel sorry to hear that you have symptom of damaged nerves but it happens sometimes. 

There are a few treatment options for numbness after wisdom tooth treatment including nerve regeneration surgery or nerve stimulation by laser or medications, or both combined together. 

If you have already got numbness for more than 1 year then it is advised to see an oral surgeon to get an accurate examination. 

Warm regards,

Ryan (Dr)