How do I know if I am still eligible to take HPV vaccination and how long does it last for?

Dr Christopher Ng

"More than 20 years of obstetrics and gynaecology experience"

HPV vaccination (Gardasil 9 and Cervarix) is officially certified to be given to girls and ladies between 9-26 years old in Singapore so seeing that you are 22 years old, you are definitely eligible to be vaccinated. In other countries (like Europe, Canada, Australia for example), the age limit is up to 45 years old so even if you are beyond 26 years old in Singapore, it is still safe and effective to be vaccinated. As HPV infections occur in women who are sexually active, the general advice is for HPV vaccination to given to all women as long as they not pregnant (as there are no safety studies on pregnant women) or do not have cervical cancer yet (as it is too late). After you have completed all 3 vaccine injections, you are then immune and the immunity is for life so there is no need for booster vaccinations anymore.