How do I optimize my chances of IVF success, and what are the success rates of IVF treatment in Singapore?

Pregnancy Gynaecology

How do I best prepare for a successful IVF treatment? Are there any things that I can do (diet, lifestyle habits etc) that will maximize my chances of IVF success? I would also like to find out what is the success rate of IVF in Singapore, and what factors affects the success rates?

I personally believe that the success of IVF is directly dependent on the health of the Woman and her husband.

Eating well, as in eating nutrient rich foods helps to ensure proper cell function at every level. Minimising toxic chemicals, quitting smoking and not consuming contaminated foods and drinks helps reduce cell damage.

I also believe that complementary Medicine such as those offered by TCM and acupuncture contribute positively to a successful outcome.

I am loathe to quote results because it really depends on the medical reasons for doing IVF. Reasons like blocked tubes with healthy normal uterus and Normal sperm can carry a 40-50% success rates.

Conditions where the eggs are of poor quality can carry dismal success rates of less than 5%.

Dr Paul Tseng
MBBS, MMed, FAMS

TLC GYNAECOLOGY PRACTICE CLINIC & SURGERY FOR WOMEN

THOMSON MEDICAL CENTRE
339 THOMSON ROAD
#03 - 02 Singapore 307677

714 views 3 Aug 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Pregnancy Gynaecology or ask your own question now FOR FREE.