How long does it take to recover after surgery for recurrent corneal erosions?

Eye & LASIK

I underwent Diamond Burring recently to treat Recurrent Corneal Erosion in my eye. My eye specialist conducted a check afterwards and told me that there was haze in my eye, which explained why my vision was still blurry despite undergoing DB surgery. I would like to find out more about what this 'haze' is, and also how long it typically takes for me to completely recover and regain my vision clarity?

There are actually several procedures used to treat recurrent corneal erosions, and which procedure is done can have some impact on the possible side effects and time to recovery.

All the procedures used will involve at least removing the affected corneal epithelium, which creates an 'epithelial defect' or 'raw area' that eventually heals.

New corneal epithelium that heals over the epithelial defect is initially 'rough' or irregular, so light is not focused so well and vision can be blurred.

It can take anywhere from a few weeks to 2-3 months for the new epithelium to establish optimum smoothness and for vision to become clear again.

I am not sure about 'haze', -if there is any, it would be best to ask the specific doctor (who mentioned it) what it is and what is the prognosis for it.

0 105 views 20 Dec 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Eye & LASIK or ask your own question now FOR FREE.