How long should I wait before doing a correction after getting rhinoplasty done?

I’m sorry to hear that. Appropriate timing for surgical correction largely depends on what you are not satisfied with. Very often, post-surgical swelling can distort actual results in the early stage of recovery and you need to give it time to settle down.

Some of the potential concerns that could occur which may be corrected in the early period of weeks to months include:

1. Notching of the nostril/ asymmetry of the nostrils

2. Large deviations of the nose

3. Hematoma in the nose

4. Infection in the nose

Other potential concerns that can improve with time and may or may not need immediate correction includes:

1. If the nasal tip is still bulbous after rhinoplasty, it will continue to improve with time and can take 6 months to 1 year to settle down.

2. If the nasal dorsum is swollen, it will continue to get better and should settle in about 3 months after the procedure.

If there is anything else that bothers you, I would recommend that you consult a plastic surgeon for further advice. I hope my reply helps.

Best regards,

Dr Por Yong Chen

Hi Kale

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your results.  It's always such a leap of faith to undergo facial plastic surgery, and I can understand your concerns. 

Most revisions should take place at least 6-12 months after the initial surgery, to allow time for the swelling to resolve.  These include further nasal tip refinement or persistent deviation of the nose.

However, early revision can be done for slippage/migration of grafts or implants, as well as nasal bones that are asymmetrical. 

This is intended only as a brief summary, and should not take the place of a formal medical consultation.

For specific information regarding your revision surgery,  you should always consult a plastic surgeon or ENT surgeon trained in facial plastic surgery.