DxD is your trusted source for medical information

SUCCESSFULLY SUBMITTED

WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU SHORTLY!

SUBMITTED

WE WILL GET BACK

TO YOU SHORTLY!

sophia from Singapore asked a question

How long will I take to recover after breast implant surgery?

Plastic Surgery
I've been considering breast augmentation for some time, as I feel that my breasts have become smaller after giving birth. However, I am worried about the pain, and also the downtime after the surgery. How soon will I be able to return to work after? Thank you!
Dr Samuel Ho
Plastic Surgeon
CONSULT DOCTOR
Dr Samuel Ho
Plastic Surgeon
Answered on February 12th, 2018

Dear Sophia, thank you for your question!

Breast implant surgery is a simple day surgical procedure that should not require a long leave of absence.

Downtime can refer to return to work, return to light exercise and return to normal activities, such as going to the gym, yoga or simply carrying a young child.

On average, my breast implant patients return to office-based work in 2 to 3 days, and go back to light exercise in a week and normal activities in 2-3 weeks. They are able to shower on the night of the surgery itself.

The main factor that affects downtime would be the amount of post-surgical pain; everything else such as swelling, bruising and the breast band can be concealed under regular clothing.

The key to controlling post-surgical pain is gentle surgical technique, minimal bleeding and a good anaesthetic nerve block.

Certainly implant size and placement also affects but that is already pre-determined, i.e. no one chooses smaller implants so as to have less pain, rather one chooses the best implant to achieve the best possible result.

A surgeon that takes a long time to perform the surgery, causes a lot of intra-operative trauma or bleeding is likely to result in significant pain after surgery.

Best regards,

Dr Samuel Ho 

0 43 views 0 Doctors agree February 12th, 2018
CONSULT DOCTOR
NEED HELP FINDING TRUSTED DOCTORS WITHIN YOUR BUDGET?
We can search for up to 5 doctors for you that fit your treatment requirements. This service is free and we do not receive commissions.
GET TREATMENT QUOTE