How many acne scar treatment sessions do I need for mild acne scarring before I can achieve significant improvements? (photo)

Dr Chin Yee Choong
4.7

"Dedicated to the ethical practice of Aesthetic Medicine"

Generally, most of the current acne scar treatments using energy-based devices such as fractional CO2 laser, fractional picosecond lasers, fractional microneedle RF requires 4-6 treatments to achieve optimal results.

If your acne scars are milder, you will likely see significant results after 2-4 treatments.

Hi there,

One session of Picosure will give you noticeable results of 5-10% improvement with no downtime. 

PicoSure utilities the Focus Lens which targets the laser energy at 20x the usual strength deep under the skin, WITHOUT removing the top layer of the skin. Therefore it has no downtime. It is also proven to produce noticeable collagen at the areas where the scars are. 

For moderate improvement, I suggest that you will need 5-6 sessions of Picosure.