To treat hyperpigmentation of the face, how many pico laser sessions are required?

• Answered1 time
  • Viewed204 times

"Dedicated to the ethical practice of Aesthetic Medicine"

The key to successful treatment of hyperpigmentation of the face rests on the correct identification of the facial pigmentation. Not all facial pigmentation are laser-responsive.

Superficial laser-responsive facial pigmentation such as freckles and lentigines respond to 1-3 sessions of the pico-laser.

Deeper laser-responsive facial pigmentation such as Hori’s nevus and Ota nevus respond to 5-10 sessions of the pico-laser.

Contrary to popular belief, melasma only lightens temporarily with pico-laser treatment and recurs when the laser treatment is stopped.

An actual consultation with your preferred Aesthetic Doctor is essential to identify the nature of your facial pigmentation and to formulate your treatment plan.

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

17 Key Facts You Must Know About Tattoo Removal In Singapore

"Doctor with interest in Aesthetics and Lasers"

The Complete Guide To Permanent Hair Removal In Singapore

Getting rid of unwanted, excessive hair growth is annoying, time-consuming and costly. This article covers all your long-term solutions for permanent hair removal.

An Aesthetic Doctor Reviews Acne Scar Removal Treatments in Singapore (2020)

Dealing with acne in your youth is bad enough, but the scars left behind can be a real nightmare.

New patients often ask me 2 common questions:

• “I’ve tried one laser session before. Why don’t I see results yet?”
  • “I still have acne scars and uneven skin texture despite 10 sessions of chemical peels. Why?”

This is why I have decided to write this article to help those of you who are struggling with acne scars. The best outcomes usually result from a combination of different methods, individualised to your skin type and scar! Here's what you need to know. 

Your Comprehensive Guide To Choosing The Best Aesthetic Treatment (2020)

When seeking an aesthetic treatment, few questions may come to mind:

• How can I be sure if this treatment is safe for me?
  • What qualities should I look out for in a doctor?
  • What are the benefits and risks of this treatment?

These are all valid and good questions that you should be asking before deciding which treatment to go and which doctor will be performing it. 

Read on to find out about how you can effectively choose your treatment!

The Ultimate Guide to Fractional Lasers by an Aesthetic Doctor in Singapore (2020)

Having smooth skin that is free of acne scars and wrinkles is the dream of many. There is little we will not do to achieve skin that becomes the envy of others.

As an aesthetic doctor who specialises in customised laser treatments, I have written this article about fractional lasers to help guide you in choosing which fractional laser treatment works best for you.