How much does dental bonding cost in Singapore, and what affects the costs? (photo)

Cosmetic Dentistry

I’ve been quoted a wide range of costs in Singapore for dental bonding of my chipped tooth and gap in my 2 front teeth. I would like to know what is the average range of prices for dental bonding of a tooth in Singapore, and what affects the costs?

Quite a number of my patients have a very similar concern to yours and they are looking to solve the issue with dental composite resin bondings to close the gap instead of orthodontics.

Closing the gap using dental bonding is called : Diastema closure with composite resin.

This is a nice article that sums up the procedure for your reading.

The article is quite technical with some dental terms that you might not understand but just by looking at the pictures, you can tell that the procedure requires quite abit of skill, experience and good materials and equipment to achieve a near perfect result.

The fees for a skilled , experienced and reputable dentist with a special interest in aesthetics could be higher than a dentist with no such interest.

In my practice , i would follow the same steps as in this article and the fee would be about $500 per tooth.  From what i can see in your picture, it is unlikely that you would need any fancy custom colouring or veneering of the entire tooth.

The chipped corner in your tooth would also be repaired with composite resin.

One final thing i would like to add is that i would find out the reasons of your chipped tooth and for the gap appearing.

I would examine your teeth properly to ensure that you have a even , stable and balanced bite so that the resin work will not chip off easily and i might also consider making an orthodontic retainer for you to prevent your 2 front teeth from moving even further apart in the future.

I hope you find my answer useful!

Kind Regards,

Dr Gerald Tan

Dr Gerald Tan
BDS, FRACDS, MJDFRCS

ELITE DENTAL GROUP

1 Grange Road
Orchard Building
#12-03 Singapore 239693

4951 views 30 Jul 2018

The average cost of dental bonding in Singapore ranges from $300 - $500 per tooth. 

Most of my patients who have a gap in between their teeth would go for dental bonding. The procedure involves adhesively bonding a tooth-coloured composite to the side of the tooth and extended to partially cover the gap. The other half will come from the other side of the adjacent tooth.

dental bonding singapore

The factors that affects the cost of dental bonding in Singapore are: 

1. Number of teeth being treated - You are charged per tooth, so the cost will increase if you have more than than one gap that you'd like to treat. 

2. Size of the treatment area - The size of the filling, as determined by the number of tooth surfaces (sides) it involves. Filling in a small section of a tooth will cost less than resurfacing an entire tooth.

3. Additional treatments - Complementary treatments can increase the cost too. I had a patient who wanted to change the shape and the colour of his whole teeth at the same time while closing gap using resin. This procedure is called veneering and this additional treatment can cost anywhere from $800 - $2,500 depending on the materials, the dentist’s experience, their skills and also the level of difficulty of the particular case.

Dr Jerry Lim
BDS, FRACDS

ORCHARD SCOTTS DENTAL
541 ORCHARD ROAD
LIAT TOWERS
#07 - 01 Singapore 238881

4637 views 30 Jul 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Cosmetic Dentistry or ask your own question now FOR FREE.