How much does each veneer cost in Singapore?
Hi, I would like to do veneers for my upper set of teeth to even out the colour. However, as there is such a wide range of prices for veneers in Singapore, I would like to know what factors affect the cost of veneers, and also the approximate price I can expect to pay. Thank you!
Thanks for your enquiry regarding the cost of veneers.
Firstly, veneers are typically done to enhance a patient's smile via the following ways:
- Mask discolouration or to enhance colour
- Alter / restore tooth shape/ contour
- "Straighten" mild malocclusion of teeth (ie: gaps/ crowding)
Many factors affect the cost of veneers, such as materials used and case complexity.
When we refer to veneers, there are 2 main materials that can be used. They both have their own strengths and disadvantages as follows:
1) Tooth Coloured Materials
- Lower in cost (est $300-$500 per tooth)*
- Generally less tooth structure removal required
- Weaker in wear strength
- May discolour over time
- Higher in cost (est $900-$1200)*
- Possibly more tooth structure removal required
- Higher in wear strength
- More superior in aesthetics in general and stable in colour
*based on my own clinic charges
These are just some general insights that I can provide to you.
Due to the uniqueness and variations in every patient, there is a range of cost possible.
At the end of the day, your dentist will be able to provide you with a more detailed advice and quotation after the initial consultations and assessments are done.
Thanks once again.