How much does getting breast implants cost?

Aesthetic Medicine Plastic Surgery Breast Augmentation

The total price of an implant augmentation by a MOH board certified Plastic Surgeon can vary quite a bit from surgeon to surgeon, as far as I know, it can range from S$12-25k. I am afraid it would be best to make an enquiry with individual surgeons. 

But what I can tell you is the cost of breast augmentation can be broken down into the following:

Surgeon's Fee - this can vary depending on how challenging the procedure is judged to be. For example if I find that I will need special techniques to correct asymmetry in breast shape or nipple position, my fee will be slightly higher. 

Implant Fee - Costs of implants vary according to brand and texturization. Motiva have positioned themselves to be the premium brand so they costs significantly more than the others. Smooth implants cost less than textured ones.

Facilities Fee - Overheads are VERY high in Singapore. Facilities charges will definitely be more than in neighbouring countries. Some surgeons do the augmentation in their clinic, this lowers the costs significantly.

In my practice, I only do implant augmentations in MOH accredited day surgery centers with laminar airflow as bacterial contamination has been linked to a whole host of problems ranging from implant infections to capsular contracture and more recently Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (ALCL)

And other miscellaneous consumables - Most surgeons use a funnel to insert their implants to minimize contact and contamination of implants. Some prescribe surgical bras and support garments. So these may be some of the additional items that are part of the total cost.

The last bit of advice I can offer you is this is a surgery that can give you very nice outcomes that you can enjoy for a very long time, it is definitely worth your time and the consultation charges to find the right surgeon for yourself.

Dr Evan Woo
MRCSC (Edinburgh), M Med (Surgery), FAMS (Plastic Surgery)

Evan Woo Breast & Plastic Surgery

Evan Woo Breast & Plastic Surgery 

38 Irrawaddy Road #07-21
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre

763 views 26 Oct 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Aesthetic Medicine Plastic Surgery Breast Augmentation or ask your own question now FOR FREE.