How much gap should there be between each subcision session for acne scars to get the best results?

Hello, I'm 23 years old and I have mild acne, and a few scars. I went to my local dermatologist and he suggested 3 sessions of subcision and an acne lift, to be completed within 1 month as I'm leaving the country soon. These subcision sessions are only 7 days apart.

I'm worried about complications or problems caused by undergoing 3 subcisions sessions and an acne lift within this short period of time. How many days apart should be in between each subcision session for the best results and least chance of complications?

Thank you for your enquiry. Weekly subscision does seem to be a tad too frequent to me as the skin would still be healing during this period.

Personally, I would keep it to at least 3 weeks apart to ensure sufficient recovery before performing the next treatment.

However, different doctors do have their own protocols, so it would be best to discuss it with your dermatologist. All the best!

Dr Ho Rui Ming

Dr Ho Rui Ming
MBBS

M-Aesthetic Clinic

Royal Square @ Novena, #18-07, 101 Irrawady Road, Singapore 329565

2361 views 5 Apr 2018
Not the question you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Acne & Scars Aesthetic Medicine or ask your own question now FOR FREE.