How do I get an ultrasound scan for a lump in Singapore?

I am a 30 year old male, and I would like to get an ultrasound scan for what feels to be a lump under my left rib cage for almost 1 year now. I would like to know how I can go about doing this, as I have no clue where to start. For example: 1. Is a patient's concern generally enough to get a referral for an ultrasound? 2. What is the quickest way to go about this? 3. Are there GP practices that offer an ultrasound in house? 4. What kind of costs would I be looking at for an ultrasound scan?

Dr Paul Ang
"Family Physician with special interest in Mental Health"

Thank you for asking this question that will benefit a lot of readers. I can imagine that you would be worried about a lump over your chest.

An ultrasound is usually ordered by the GP or specialists to tell us more information about a lump. For me, I am a family physician, usually we will write a letter that will allow you to be scanned in a neighborhood location. Usually costs about a hundred.

There are some GP clinics that have an ultrasound machine. But I'm not very sure of these clinics locations at the moment.

Usually the doctor has to agree that a scan is required. We generally do not like to recommend unnecessary scans.

Dr Paul Ang
MBBS, GDFM, MRCSEd

Zenith Medical Clinic

#01-374
266C Punggol Way

636 views 7 Nov 2018
Not the question you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Singapore Healthcare Sport Medicine Health & Fitness Health Screening or ask your own question now FOR FREE.