How to get rid of an inflamed acne that is not responding to creams? (photo)

Hi I'm 18. I've had this inflamed acne on my nose for 5 months already. It started of as a normal acne which was huge and red. I've tried benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, Dalacin T and Retacnyl. This has helped to make it smaller, but it still remains.

How to get rid of an inflamed acne that is not responding to creams? (photo) 5c289b861057a00052ac7fb1
Hi

From the description given as well as from the photo provided it would seem that the initial inflamed acne has become a nodular cystic acne ,

Such form of acne tends to be more resistant to topical treatment alone . As the acne lesion is isolated to the nose only I usually would not recommend oral medication. However if these lesions are more widespread a course of oral antibiotics would usually be beneficial.

In your case since it is isolated and persistent I would recommend two options 

1. Intralesional injection of cortisone / steroid . This is useful in reducing the inflammation and shrinking the cyst wall . The procedure is well tolerated and results can be seen within the week . 

2 Agnes Radiofrequency device which uses a very fine RF electrode needle to be inserted directly into the lesion. The tip of the needle will be directed towards the sebaceous gland and the energy/ heat generated will destroy the sebaceous gland . Once the gland is destroyed., the sebum dries out and the clog debris can be removed . You can expect good result about one week after treatment . The good thing about this treatment is that since the sebaceous gland in this area has been destroyed you should not get a recurrence of the acne in this area .

Hope this helps 

Not the question you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Acne & Scars Skin, Hair & Nails or ask your own question now FOR FREE.