How to improve the appearance of a receded chin?

I find my chin to be receding as I grow older. How can I improve the appearance of my receded chin? 

The occurrence of a receded chin can either be genetic ( from birth ) or due to aging changes.

From your description it would seem like it is due to aging changes. The chin can recede with age due to bone loss / resorption and soft tissue volume loss .

The treatment options will either be surgical or non- surgical.

Surgical options would include a chin implant or genioplasty. It is not within my expertise to discuss these options in detail as they are better explained by a plastic surgeon. 

For non surgical options I would normally recommend the use of a dermal filler which is made of hyaluronic acid gel of a high lifting capacity which does not migrate . In my practice the gel of choice would be Restylane Lyft . 

The procedure in itself is quite straightforward and can be performed under topical anaesthesia either with a sharp needle or with cannula. Each doctor would have their own preferences and technique but they are usually quite similar . Following the procedure there is usually minimal swelling and no social downtime . There might however be a sore sensation over the injected area that typically can lasts a few days to one week. 

The advantage of choosing a hyaluronic acid filler is that if the injection is done not to the patient satisfaction it can be dissolved with a enzyme injection of hyaluronidase. These HA fillers typically can last up to 12 months in the Chin although repeated injections in the same area can make the result last up to 2 years in some cases .

Hope this helps 

Not the question you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Aesthetic Medicine Plastic Surgery or ask your own question now FOR FREE.