Is it advisable to use different types of dermal fillers to correct facial asymmetry?

• Answered1 time
  • Viewed213 times

1. Layering of same-type fillers (Hyaluronic acid fillers, for example), within the same brand. This is considered safe and feasible. In fact, proper sculpting of the face tends to require fillers of various consistencies and properties and therefore necessitates the use of different types of hyaluronic acid fillers.
  2. The layering of same-type fillers (Hyaluronic acid fillers), across different brands. Again, this seems feasible with no suggestion of long term consequences.
  3. Layering different types of fillers (i.e. Semi-permanent fillers, such as Radiesse, Sculptra and Ellanse, with hyaluronic acid fillers). As far as possible, this is not recommended. Product layering (across different types) has been shown to induce late, long-lasting complications such as foreign body granulomas - a form of auto-immune rejection of injected material into the skin, producing nodules that can take a long time to go away.

As such, it would be wise to discuss thoroughly with your doctor before undergoing even a seemingly simple filler injection. If you are combining different fillers across different locations of the face/body (with no direct interaction of the two), the above risks should not be too relevant. 

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

Filler Lifts Vs Threadlifts In Singapore: Cost And Comparison (2020)

Lunchtime rejuvenation procedures are fast gaining popularity amongst Singaporeans in recent years. These procedures are dubbed as "lunchtime procedures" because they take very little time to perform and do not have any recovery period.

Most of the time, you will be able to see improvements in just a short period of time and return to your daily routine immediately.

I often get patients asking me if a filler lift or a threadlift is better. In my opinion, both are good and effective if done properly and for the correct indications. In some cases, one or the other may be more preferable.

Therefore, I have decided to write this article to help those of you who are keen on getting fillers or thread lifts to improve the signs of ageing. In this post, I will explain in detail the differences and how to choose the most suitable one for yourself. 

These 3 Dermal Fillers Can Work For Acne Scars: An Aesthetic Doctor Discusses

"Dedicated to the ethical practice of Aesthetic Medicine"

Scar tissue can be hard to eradicate and clear off, especially in people with persistent acne problems. Treatments and products have flooded the Singapore market and various solutions for dealing with acne marks and scars can be confusing too. Fillers can be effective for facial sculpting, but how well do they actually work for scarring?

Dr Chin Yee Choong is the medical director of Dermclear Aesthetic & Laser Clinic. 
He responded to a couple of DoctorxDentist reader questions about the differences between the many fillers available in Singapore, and whether or not they are effective solutions for scars. Here is his advice.

Your Comprehensive Guide To Choosing The Best Aesthetic Treatment (2020)

When seeking an aesthetic treatment, few questions may come to mind:

• How can I be sure if this treatment is safe for me?
  • What qualities should I look out for in a doctor?
  • What are the benefits and risks of this treatment?

These are all valid and good questions that you should be asking before deciding which treatment to go and which doctor will be performing it. 

Read on to find out about how you can effectively choose your treatment!

7 Reasons Why You Should Consider Ultherapy for Your Anti-ageing Treatment

These days, there are so many kinds of aesthetic treatments to restore skin youthfulness. Researching about these treatments can get quite confusing, let alone choosing the most suitable one for yourself.

One treatment you may have come across is Ultherapy. If you are curious about this non-invasive facelift, read on to discover 7 reasons why it has become the most popular facelift procedure amongst my patients.

Dermal Fillers in Singapore: The Tell-All Guide by An Aesthetic Doctor (2020)

Dermal filler has become a staple in medical aesthetic clinics; it is no longer a novelty for people to have filler injected to refresh their looks or enhance their facial features. What kinds of dermal fillers are there? How much do they cost? What are their side effects? Let me guide you through finding the right Dermal Filler for you.