Is Rejuran or Ellanse best for dark circles, saggy skin and under eye wrinkles?

Aesthetic Medicine
I'm 32 years old and I am trying to determine the best filler for my needs. I have dark circles, slightly saggy skin and wrinkles under my eyes. Would Rejuran or Ellanse be best for me?

Hi there!

It is good that you have read about Rejuran and Ellanse. However, my short answer is that neither were created for the purpose of improving dark eye circles, and saggy skin/wrinkles under the eyes. 

I agree with Dr. Pang's opinion on use of energy-based devices such as monopolar radiofrequency (RF) and high-intensity ultrasound (HIFU) for skin tightening and collagen stimulation as a first-line for mild-moderate cases of saggy skin and wrinkles. 

As for dark eye circles, those due to volume loss such as “tear trough” deformities are best treated with a “soft” undereye filler. There are many brands available, but in general hyaluronic acid based fillers e.g. Teosyal Redensity II are preferred for this delicate area for a natural-looking appearance. For this reason, ellanse is not commonly used for under eye fillers.  

As for rejuran, rejuran healer and rejuran for eye can be used in the area. However, the major benefit of a PDRN/PN treatment is for biorevitalization (e.g stimulating collagen) and not to treat areas of volume loss such as a tear trough deformity.

In addition, there are other conditions associated with dark eye circles and eye bags such as hypertrophic tarsal muscles and venous congestion around the eyes, which are not treated with rejuran or ellanse. Do seek out a consult with a trusted doctor for more information!

Dr. Joanna Chan

283 views 15 Feb 2019

When there is only mild to moderate dark eye circles or "eye bags", we can perform a series of procedures to improve the appearance of your saggy skin and wrinkles.

The first is non-surgical skin tightening which utilizes proprietary "best in class" monopolar RF and ultrasound to achieve painless, safe, and effective skin tightening over the lower eye lids and midface, thereby improving the appearance of any saggy tissue or wrinkles.

The second is dermal fillers performed using a blunt-tip microcannula to give you a naturally younger and more refreshed look. In our practice we use hyaluronic acid fillers which help to lift and fill hollow and sunken areas below the eyes.

What you can expect is partial improvement with the hollow underneath the eyes being softened, wrinkles being filled and your skin appearing plumper and younger.

There is a lower risk of post-treatment bruising or swelling thanks to the use of an innovative flexible microcannula especially designed to give precision during the injection of hyaluronic acid while minimizing discomfort.

The third is fractional laser resurfacing to tighten the overlying skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and improving skin texture. With these 3 steps combined you should be able to see some improvement in your dark circles or "eye bags".

Hope this information helps. Have a great week ahead!

289 views 14 Feb 2019
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Aesthetic Medicine or ask your own question now FOR FREE.