Is there a possibility that I got my girlfriend pregnant if I did not ejaculate?

Sexual Health Pregnancy

My partner and I had unprotected sexual intercourse yesterday. I did not see any pre ejaculate before I inserted and right after I pulled out. I went in for no more than maybe 5 seconds at a time, about 3 times. I did not ejaculate at all near her but she still wants to know if there is a possibilty of pregnancy?

Thank you for asking such an interesting question, which many patients of mine have also asked me at the clinic.

From the way that you described, it would appear that the chances of getting your girlfriend pregnant may be low but it would hard to be certain. A better option is to consider the use of a condom or other forms of contraception. You and your partner can discuss this issue with your family physician.

There are two components of ejaculation. One is the expulsion of the ejaculate (which contains sperms and various fluids). The other component is the mental sensation of orgasm. Sometimes, the guy may not experience the orgasm feeling but the ejaculate could have already come out. Hence the need to consider other forms of contraception.

Also, frequent interruption in the way that you describe (coitus interruptus) may also diminish the enjoyment that you can derive from the intimacy and close relationship. Furthermore, both you and your partner become anxious after the sexual encounter. All in all, it would be good to consider other forms of contraception and getting both you and your partner's anxiety resolved.

Take care and be happy!

0 304 views 4 Nov 2018

You can read this previously answered question:

How likely am I to get pregnant if I had unprotected sex but he didn't ejaculate?

To sum up, yes there is always a chance of getting pregnant if you have unprotected sex. 

If you are concerned about pregnancy, you should consider taking the morning after pill ("Plan B" pill) that you can take up to 5 days after having sex, although it is most effective within the first 72 hours.

The sooner you use it, the less likely you are to become pregnant. If started within 72 hours, the morning after pill can reduce the risk of pregnancy by 75 - 90%.

0 549 views 10 Sep 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Sexual Health Pregnancy or ask your own question now FOR FREE.