How does pico laser treatment differ for people with a combination of acne scars as compared to treating a single type? (photo)

• Answered1 time
  • Viewed424 times

"Dedicated to the ethical practice of Aesthetic Medicine"

As with all forms of acne scar treatment, one treatment modality may be used to treat a variety of acne scars. The key differences are:

1. Choice of parameters. More severe scars needing more intense treatment.

2. Response. Deeper scars respond less compared to shallower scars. Deep ice-pick scars remain most challenging to treat and often require punch excision to convert them to shallower linear scars before additional resurfacing procedures are carried out to even out the appearance.

Pico-lasers tend to work reasonably well with shallower acne scars e.g. superficial boxcar scars. Pico-lasers also help improve overall skin texture, reduce pore size and lighten facial pigmentation and improve skin clarity, which may be viewed as value-added benefits.

For deeper boxcar scars, fractional CO2 laser & subcision may offer better results. For very deep ice-pick scars, punch excision is recommended as the first stage.

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

An Aesthetic Doctor Reviews Acne Scar Removal Treatments in Singapore (2020)

"Doctor with interest in Aesthetics and Lasers"

Dealing with acne in your youth is bad enough, but the scars left behind can be a real nightmare.

New patients often ask me 2 common questions:

• “I’ve tried one laser session before. Why don’t I see results yet?”
  • “I still have acne scars and uneven skin texture despite 10 sessions of chemical peels. Why?”

This is why I have decided to write this article to help those of you who are struggling with acne scars. The best outcomes usually result from a combination of different methods, individualised to your skin type and scar! Here's what you need to know. 

Treating Active Acne Versus Acne Scars: The Differences Explained

All You Need To Know About Hormonal Acne: A Singaporean Aesthetic Doctor Explains

Acne… oh, acne… It can be super frustrating as it really affects our appearance.

Hormonal acne can affect anyone at any age. It is named as such because changes in our hormone levels can cause it. You may be wondering how hormonal acne can be treated. For instance, you may be considering:

• home remedies,
  • OTC creams or 
  • medical treatments.

Read on to find out in more detail how you can get hormonal acne treated!

Aesthetics Doctor Discusses 4 Laser Treatments for Your Rosacea Woes

There are many possible reasons why you have a red-face: dermatitis, skin irritation, allergic reactions to food or medication etc. Sometimes it is nothing serious and temporary -- you can simply brush it off till you recover over a few days. However, there are times your red-face is here to stay.

I am Dr Chin Yee Choong, medical director at DermClear Aesthetic & Laser Clinic. In this article, you will read about what rosacea is, how it occurs and 4 lasers that doctors use to treat the red face symptom. I will also share briefly about a bonus treatment for rosacea.

I hope this will help you to arrive at a treatment to regain your complexion!

5 Targeted Areas That Can Be Effectively Treated With Fractional Lasers

A Fractional laser is a small, non-invasive laser that penetrates your skin to improve collagen and elastin production. As fractional lasers have a good therapeutic effect and have few side effects, they have become one of the most popular ways to treat skin issues. 

Fractional lasers are one of the most effective treatment methods for:  

• Wrinkles
  • Rhytides
  • Fine lines and texture irregularities
  • Reduction or removal of uneven pigmentation
  • Acne scars