Should I go for dental bonding or veneers to repair a chipped front tooth? (photo)

Cosmetic Dentistry Dental

I'm 20 and recently chipped my front tooth. Should I go for dental bonding or veneers to repair the chipped front tooth? I was wondering what other options I have to fix my teeth, and the costs of doing so?

Thank you for sending us such a clear picture of your chipped front tooth .

First of all, if you were my patient. I would find out why your tooth chipped in the first place. I would also ask you if the tooth has been chipped and repaired before .

In your case , since the chipping is relatively minor , I would probably recommend that you repair it with a simple composite resin filling . This is the least invasive option that does not require extensive trimming of healthy tooth structure . 

A talented dentist who understands how the colours of resin blend together with your natural tooth structure may artistically create a resin filling that is so natural looking , that no one would be able to tell that anything was done to the tooth . This process is done by freehand sculpting the material onto the tooth .

Resin fillings can cost anywhere from $80 to  $500 each , depending on the skill of the dentist and the level of custom coloring requires .

Composite resin veneers or porcelain veneers should only be considered if the composite resin filling repeatedly breaks .

Your dentist should also check that you are not suffering from sleep bruxism or any other habits can can cause your fillings to break prematurely .

Veneers can range from $600-$2000 per veneer, depending on the type and design and level of customisation required on the veneer.

I hope my answer helps!

Kind Regards,

Dr Gerald Tan 

Dr Gerald Tan
BDS, FRACDS, MJDFRCS

ELITE DENTAL GROUP

1 Grange Road
Orchard Building
#12-03 Singapore 239693

653 views 20 Nov 2018
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Cosmetic Dentistry Dental or ask your own question now FOR FREE.