Contact lens vs spectacles, what are the pros and cons for young children?

Generally, I prefer spectacles for young children. This is because contact lenses require a lot of proper care and hygiene. I have seen needless vision loss due to infection from contact lenses in children. Hence, I am generally not so keen for young children to wear contact lenses. There are, however, exceptional cases like severely high myopia or hypermetropia which may warrant contact lenses but, these cases are not common.