What are the treatments for Herpes Type 1 (HSV1) in Singapore?

• Answered1 time
  • Viewed124 times

Herpes type 1 (HSV1) is the virus that is the most common cause of cold sores. HSV type 1 can also cause genital herpes, although this is more commonly caused by HSV type 2.

When HSV type 1 causes cold sores, painful grouped blisters and ulcers develop on the lips. They can last 1 to 2 weeks

Oral antiviral agents like acyclovir or valacyclovir can be taken to reduce the severity of the outbreak and shorten the disease duration. This works best when treatment is started early when the blisters start to develop. In milder cases, topical acyvlovir creams can be used. 

Once you have developed HSV infection, there is a tendency for it to recur as the virus resides in the nerves. However, in general the frequency and severity of the recurrence decreases with time. 

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

5 STDs Making A Comeback in Singapore (And How To Get Tested) (NSFW)

I often get asked what sexually transmitted diseases look like. In a nutshell, the 4 most common signs I see in clinic that suggest an STD are:

1. Discharge
  2. Pain on urination
  3. Growths
  4. Ulcers

All of these can affect the penis, vagina, or anus.

Your Complete Guide To Getting A HIV Test In Singapore (2020)

In my years of treating HIV, one of the most important causes of HIV-related deaths is a late HIV diagnosis. Many people are averse to taking the test because they fear the stigmatisation attached to it.

However, it’s important to understand that HIV screening should be part of everyone’s regular sexual health maintenance. Early detection can lead to early treatment and better outcomes. Many people live long, normal lives with early detection and proper care.

In this post, I will explain everything you need to know about getting a HIV test done in Singapore. 

A Doctor Tells You Why It Is Important To Take A HIV test, Even If You Think You Are Not At ‘High-Risk’

General practitioner, Dr Jonathan Ti, revealed that a late HIV diagnosis is a huge determinant in HIV-related deaths. In his many years of treating HIV, many people have admitted that they didn't take the test sooner because of the public stigma. 

This stigmatisation can be detrimental to the patient's health. Most of the times, early detection will lead to early treatment and thus, better outcomes.

Dr Jonathan Ti recently posted a complete guide to getting an HIV test done in Singapore on DxD. Here are some of the key points from his super comprehensive guide.

This Medical Director Shares Tips On Laser Skin Resurfacing Aftercare Management

"Dedicated to the ethical practice of Aesthetic Medicine"

Laser skin resurfacing is the gold standard when it comes to treating skin irregularities. In recent years, laser skin resurfacing treatments have seen a surge in popularity in various countries, including Singapore, thanks to advancements in laser technology which has made it more effective and safe at the same time. [1] However, as effective as it is, there tends to be some confusion or lack of knowledge among the public when it comes to aftercare management. Aftercare is just as important as the actual procedure as it ensures optimal results from the treatment and reduces potential side-effects from this incredible rejuvenating procedure.

Dr Chin Yee Choong is the medical director of Dermclear Aesthetic & Laser Clinic. On DoctorxDentist, he provided some valuable insight involving key issues, complications and important aspects regarding aftercare management for skin laser resurfacing. Here's what he has to say.