What are ways to accelerate wound healing?

• Answered1 time
  • Viewed198 times

"Dedicated to the ethical practice of Aesthetic Medicine"

In fact, wounds heal best in a sterile and moisture-controlled environment.

To list, here are some ways that can help to accelerate the wound healing process:

1. Gentle cleansing with normal saline solution.
  2. Application of a mild antiseptic gel (e.g. octenisan) or antibiotic ointment (e.g. mupirocin)
  3. Use of a sterile hydrocolloid or non-adhesive dressing such as duoderm or mepilex.
  4. Avoid picking on the scab that forms.
  5. Avoid smoking. Nicotine reduces nutritional blood flow to the skin, thus impairing the healing process of the injured tissue [1]
  6. Ensure proper nutrition and hydration.

References:

1. Silverstein P. Smoking and wound healingThe American journal of medicine. 1992;93(1A):22S-24S. doi:10.1016/0002-9343(92)90623-j

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

A Dermatologist's Guide To Scar Removal In Singapore (2020)

"Skin specialist with over 20 years of experience"

Many of my patients come to my clinic seeking scar removal treatment, so I decided to put together this guide to address some of the most common queries I encounter. It covers frequent types of scars such as keloid scars, acne scars and surgical scars.

First Aid in Singapore: Everything You Need to Know With A Certified Doctor

"Family Physician with special interest in Mental Health"

It does not matter where, when, or who. Emergencies can happen anywhere and at any time. It may also happen to anyone, regardless of age and condition.

It is always best to be prepared. How you react to an emergency could be a matter of life and death.

If someone's heart stopped beating and they have to wait for an ambulance to arrive, chances are, it is already too late. Permanent brain damage can occur only after 4 minutes without oxygen. Death can also occur within 4-6 minutes [1].

This is why learning First Aid and Basic Life Support is super important. Being trained would give you the skills to assist and provide care for emergency patients before an ambulance arrives.

Anyone can become a certified First Aider. In Singapore, you can find various basic First Aid courses as well as occupational and more advanced courses. Some schools, community centres and offices also provide free basic training.

You might know that it is a very important skill to have. However, what does First Aid actually mean? What are the things that you should know? Read on to find out more!

Your Comprehensive Guide To Choosing The Best Aesthetic Treatment (2020)

When seeking an aesthetic treatment, few questions may come to mind:

• How can I be sure if this treatment is safe for me?
  • What qualities should I look out for in a doctor?
  • What are the benefits and risks of this treatment?

These are all valid and good questions that you should be asking before deciding which treatment to go and which doctor will be performing it. 

Read on to find out about how you can effectively choose your treatment!

The Complete Guide to Rejuran Healer Treatment in Singapore (2020)

With more advanced technology, we now have a greater number of aesthetic treatments available.

• So what treatments will yield the best results?
  • What is Rejuran Healer?
  • Why is there so much hype around Rejuran Healer?
  • What exactly does it do for your skin?

In this article, I would like to share about how Rejuran Healer can help you achieve your skin goals. 

The Ultimate Guide to Fractional Lasers by an Aesthetic Doctor in Singapore (2020)

Having smooth skin that is free of acne scars and wrinkles is the dream of many. There is little we will not do to achieve skin that becomes the envy of others.

As an aesthetic doctor who specialises in customised laser treatments, I have written this article about fractional lasers to help guide you in choosing which fractional laser treatment works best for you.