Effective treatment of facial eczema includes the following steps:
1. Avoid aggravating factors such as heat, sun-exposure, dusty environment, etc
2. Avoid applying unnecessary creams on the face such as toner, mask which may add to the skin irritation
3. Use mild cleanser to wash face
4. Use mild/bland moisturizers regularly to improve the skin barrier function
5. Non-steroid creams such as elidel and protopic to reduce skin inflammation
6. Judicious short term use of mild topical steroid such as hydrocortisone cream to reduce skin inflammation
7. Patch test to exclude any contact allergens (this is performed by a dermatologist if required)
Your doctor will be able to assess the severity of your facial eczema and advise on the appropriate initial strategies needed to control it.
Hope this helps!
10 Things Your Doctor Wants You To Know About Eczema
Nearly one in five Singaporeans have suffered from eczema at some point in their lives. In order to treat it successfully, it really helps to know a...READ MORE
The Best Ways To Treat And Manage Psoriasis, Explained By A Dermatologist
In recent years, there has been an increasing demand for dermatology services at Singapore's National Skin Centre (NSC). One of the top 10 skin...READ MORE