What are possible reasons for bulging muscles during chewing after jawline Botox?

• Answered1 time
  • Viewed1,365 times

"Dedicated to the ethical practice of Aesthetic Medicine"

The jaw muscle (Masseter) is divided into two distinct parts, the superficial and deep. Occasionally, due to various reasons, the injection may be placed too superficially and fails to diffuse to the deeper portion of the Masseter muscle. During chewing or jaw clenching, this untreated deep Masseter may herniate through the weakened superficial layer during contraction and cause a visible bulge.

Fortunately this can be remedied. I suggest you return to your doctor as he or she is the best person to know how much and how deep the previous injections were.

Hope this helps.

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own quesiton now FOR FREE.

The Truth About Facelifts In Singapore: What You Need To Know Before Getting One

Older patients often ask me if getting a facelift in Singapore is the best way to restore their youthful faces.

This post will address all the most common questions that patients ask me in clinic, and will guide you in your decision-making on the best way to improve aging skin.

Botox VS Dermal Fillers: All You Need To Know About The 2 Alternatives To Non-surgical Facelifts

Over the years, people have known Botox and dermal fillers as relatively simple solutions to improve features as well as to attain desirable facial aesthetics. While both are given through injections and are minimally invasive, they do have their fair share of differences. I hope that through this article, it will help you to understand more about these two treatments.

The Complete Guide to Chin Fillers in Singapore (2020)

Chin fillers have been gaining popularity among younger patients. The procedure not only allows patients to achieve a V-shaped face, but also corrects retracted chins and improves facial proportions.

Before undergoing this procedure, I would first like to share with you everything you need to know about getting chin fillers in Singapore.

Read on to find out more!

The Complete Guide to Anti-Ageing Treatments in Singapore (2020)

As we get older, our skin loses its elasticity. Exposure with UV rays speeds up the ageing process. In order to have healthy and nourished looking skin, supplementary treatments have become a necessity. There is now a wide variety of treatments available for you to try. These range from creams and non-invasive facial treatments, to highly invasive surgical procedures. 

In the course of my career as an aesthetic doctor for over 10 years, I have done countless anti-ageing treatments. Therefore, I will explain all you need to know about ageing skin- from the symptoms, skin treatments that delay the ageing process, the do’s and don'ts, as well as the cost of the treatments and procedures that you might be interested in trying. 

Dermal Fillers in Singapore: The Tell-All Guide by An Aesthetic Doctor (2020)

Dermal filler has become a staple in medical aesthetic clinics; it is no longer a novelty for people to have filler injected to refresh their looks or enhance their facial features. What kinds of dermal fillers are there? How much do they cost? What are their side effects? Let me guide you through finding the right Dermal Filler for you.