What are recommended treatments to achieve a slimmer face (photo)?Aesthetic Medicine
What treatments are recommended to achieve a slimmer and V-shaped face? Thank you!
Thanks for asking this question and providing the photograph as well. This is indeed a very common request in my practice partly due to the popularity of the Korean V face concept .
It is important during the consultation to let the doctor know what your desired aesthetic outcomes are . The doctor will also need to assess what are the actual problems and then recommend the appropriate treatment options
From your photograph you appear to be fairly young with minimal amount of jowling . The issue could be due to your hypertrophied masseter ( jaw ) muscle . If this is the case the doctor can administer some butolininium toxin to relax and slim the muscle bulk. This will result in a slimmer lower face and results takes about 3 weeks to show and last an average of 3-6 months .
In addition the doctor can also inject a filler to augment your Chin giving it a more V shape look . This can be done together with the muscle slimming to enhance the result .
Other possible treatment options especially if skin laxity and jowling is the issue would be to do a facial contouring procedure with a HIFU ( high intensity focused Ultrasound) device .
In some cases although not usually done because of the downtime is the use of PDO threads to contour the lower face.
In some patients especially where the mid face appears wider relative to the lower face due to high cheekbones and or deflated cheeks a filler placed in the anterior cheek would create a better overall profile .
In some cases but probably not in yours the problem could be due to squarish bony jaw in which case only surgery can help.
Hope this helps
Dr K K Chew
MBBS, Dip Dermatology (UK), Dip Occ Medicine (NUS)
Paragon Medical Suites
290 Orchard Road
In my practice, I often get requests for a more V-shaped face. The treatments that I would recommend would depend on the face shape and age of the person.
For younger patients, I would often recommend botox jaw reduction to slim the muscle over the jaw area and filler to the nose, midface or the front of the cheeks and chin for a more projected, sharper face.
For anti-ageing, Ultherapy is a good choice. Ultherapy is an US FDA-approved procedure, which utilises focuses ultrasound energy for non-surgical skin tightening. It is effective for tightening loose cheek skin to lift bulky cheeks.
Hope the above helps!
Dr. Terence Tan
Dr Terence Tan
MBBS, MRCS, MMed
277 Orchard Road #03-15
orchardgateway Singapore 238858
Halley Body Slimming Clinic
277 Orchard Road #03-16
orchardgateway Singapore 238858
Thank you for your question and providing a photograph. In my opinion, you have a nice face shape that many Asian girls would love! However, in my practice, many girls, like yourself, would want options to achieve an even slimmer/sharper “V face”.
This will be dependent on some factors, as explained below.
1. If your face is angular (squarish) due to your underlying bone structure, surgery is the option to correct this.
2. If you have a wide face due to strong masseter (“jaw”) muscles, botulinum toxin to shrink the muscle will help (your doctor needs to see you in person and examine the muscle to determine this).
3. If you have saggy skin/jowl tissue, energy-based devices to tighten the area can help (options include HIFU such as Ulthera or Radiofrequency such as Thermage).
4. For receeding and small chins, a chin filler may help give a sharper face
5. Finally, a face thread lift is able to give the final touch and achieve a sharp/V-face
Do consider your options with your doctor.
Dr. Joanna Chan
Dr Joanna Chan
MBBS, MMed, Dip Prac Derm
Mizu Aesthetic Clinic
8A Marina Boulevard
#B2-12 Marina Bay Link Mall, Singapore 018984
From the picture, it looks like your face shape looks nice and is relatively V-shaped already. If you are looking to make your face slimmer, the only additional treatment you need would be to reduce your cheek/buccal fat a little, which is slightly bigger on the left cheek. A good treatment to consider for that will be buccal fat radiolysis.
With regards to treatment options to achieve a slimmer face, it will depend on the bone structure, skin quality, gender and facial proportions of the person. The following are some of the common treatment options that can be done to improve the contours of the face and make the face look slimmer.
1. Botulinum toxin injection to the masseters to reduce its bulk, which will in turn make the lower face slimmer
2. Energy devices like Thermage, HIFU and Ulthera can help to firm and lift up saggy skin over the lower face to make the face slimmer
3. Dermalift or intradermal microbotox injections can also help to tighten and lift saggy skin over the lower face and improve the facial contours
4. Radiolysis with radiofrequency microneedles to help reduce buccal/cheek fat volume
5. Filler injections at the right places can help with replenishing volume deficits, lifting and improving overall face contour
6. Threadlift will improve sagging over the lower face/jowling and make the lower face look slimmer
Often, a combination approach is used to achieve the best results. Do get an assessment by a certified and experienced doctor who will be able to discuss the treatment options available with you and come up with a customised treatment plan for you.
Dr Edmond Phua
111 Somerset Rd
Unit 03-17 TripleOne Somerset
I would actually be most keen in doing High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for you. Through the appropriate use of various depths of energy penetration (1.5/3.0/4.5mm) and adequate settings, you should see good tightening and lifting effects.
But at the same time, I would suggest you consider some undereye fillers for your tear troughs to help with the depression AND dark eye circles.
Discuss with your physician on the plan ahead.
Dr Winston Lee
MBBS, MCEM, MPH
3 Simei street 6, #02-28